Sunday, January 1, 2012

Let's Call Them Goals

It's a new year. 2012. It doesn't feel like a new year to me for some reason. I can't believe how fast time is flying now that I'm a mother. But it is a new year, nonetheless, and that means taking a minute to focus on the "needs improvement" sides of life. Here are my goals for 2012:
1. Stop saying the F word. Don't lie. There are moments that simply require that word. But it is never necessary for my son to learn such language. So, it has to go.
2. Stop texting and driving. I don’t (typically) do this when my son is in the car because I’m a worry wart, but I realize that he needs me all the time, and texting and driving can cause an accident.
3. Work out. I just joined a gym for the first time in a couple of years. We'll see how it goes.
4. Write every day more. This is going to be a challenge, but it is so vital to my emotional and intellectual well being, as well as to my future as a writer and as an example to my son to always follow his dreams.
5. Play with my son daily. I do this already, but I want to make sure that when I’m with my son, I am with him. Not multi-tasking. Not just watching. But on the floor with him, talking to him, encouraging him, watching him learn and hearing him laugh.


So... What are your goals for 2012?

2 comments:

  1. Yeeeeeaaah. Those first two could have been two of mine, too. But I like the F word so much! *Sigh* At least I have a little while longer before Noah's talking?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I added you to my blog! So now I won't miss ANY of your posts! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete