Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Live and let live.

I had a very vivid, emotional dream the other night that raised back to life feelings I have tried to bury over the last five years. Without going into detail, there was a situation in my life five years ago that had an extremely negative impact on me in almost any way a person can be impacted. I'm still not over it.

But I realized something this week. If there's one thing that this situation taught me it's to forgive; to not let something eat me up inside; to not retaliate immediately but to sleep on it; to let my feelings subside; to let the hurt wash away.

I couldn't tell you how I learned it because it's been such a painful, gradual process. I probably couldn't teach you how to do it. But I'm actually learning to let things go and accept that some things just don't change. Maybe you can, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment